Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
Evan R Wright
Votes |
Subto mentorship program

Evan R Wright
Posted Feb 19 2023, 00:35

I am located in Ventura County and am currently pending joining the Subto mentorship program. Would love to talk to some members before I get started or hear any other feedback anyone has to offer! 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel C.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New York, NY
Replied Feb 19 2023, 19:09

Hey Evan, 

I am a current Subto member. You should 100% get involved. Pace and his team bring so much value and training that the costs are worth it. The real value is 100% the community and members that makes up Subto. It is a massive network of people helping people do deals. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2023, 21:54

how much is subto mentor program?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Leidy Herrera
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 5 2023, 11:34
Quote from @Daniel C.:

Hey Evan, 

I am a current Subto member. You should 100% get involved. Pace and his team bring so much value and training that the costs are worth it. The real value is 100% the community and members that makes up Subto. It is a massive network of people helping people do deals. 

Hey, i just joined the creative financing group on Facebook. Are you a subto student ? 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 5 2023, 17:24

@Evan R Wright

Check out William tingle

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 5 2023, 17:47
Quote from @Daniel C.:

Hey Evan, 

does it work? how much? is it worth it?

User Stats

Votes
Shyd Coloma
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Apr 24 2023, 22:46
Quote from @Evan R Wright:

I am located in Ventura County and am currently pending joining the Subto mentorship program. Would love to talk to some members before I get started or hear any other feedback anyone has to offer! 

Did you end up joining the program? I'm in Ventura County as well and wondered if anyone is doing Subto deals in the county. 

User Stats

Votes
Evan R Wright
Votes |
Replied Apr 24 2023, 23:19

@Shyd Coloma I did end up joining, and I know its been done. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 2 2023, 05:47

I just had the “call” with them yesterday and decided to do a bit more digging before dropping $8800 on the program. Pace is definitely a force to be reckoned with but honestly after watching his videos for a bit you recognize a “formula” to his content. For every 15-20 minutes of fat there’s about 2 minutes of meat. Soooooo much dribbling for a couple of slam dunks.
He’ll sit there and discuss how he’s going to help out this many people and tape so many hours of content and close that many deals. It’s really impressive! But I don’t think the $8800 will leave my wallet to go to his today.  Maybe I’ll feel different after watching a bit more but at this point I need a break ;-)

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Baker
Pro Member
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 3 2023, 07:00

@Evan R Wright How are you liking the program so far?  im thinking of joining as well

User Stats

Votes
Evan R Wright
Votes |
Replied May 13 2023, 21:01
Quote from @Rachel Baker:

@Evan R Wright How are you liking the program so far?  im thinking of joining as well

@Rachel Baker Its been great, other than the resources provided the real value is the network and community.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied May 13 2023, 22:14

@Rachel Baker Its been great, other than the resources provided the real value is the network and community.

But, have you made any money yet? No one ever says they closed a deal. Why is that? ;-)

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Baker
Pro Member
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Houston, TX
Replied May 14 2023, 05:49
Quote from @Account Closed:

But, have you made any money yet? No one ever says they closed a deal. Why is that? ;-)

I ended up joining as well, as of right now I haven't made any money. I joined just over a week ago but I also was on vacation last week. I have been watching as many training videos as i can while I have been on vacation but will continue when I get back to normal. However, you do get a dedicated person that you have weekly calls with for your first 60 days to help you get your first deal. My first call is next week. I can say there is soooo much info and zoom calls. I can't see why anyone couldn't do well since all the info and community is at your fingertips. Only way to not make money is to not do anything. Honestly I'm blown away and slightly intimated by the amount of info there is available to us. Also, if you decide to join myself or another subto member can give you a link to set up a call and get a discount if you join.
Account Closed
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied May 14 2023, 10:44
Quote from @Account Closed:

I ended up joining as well, as of right now I haven't made any money. I joined just over a week ago but I also was on vacation last week. I have been watching as many training videos as i can while I have been on vacation but will continue when I get back to normal. However, you do get a dedicated person that you have weekly calls with for your first 60 days to help you get your first deal. My first call is next week. I can say there is soooo much info and zoom calls. I can't see why anyone couldn't do well since all the info and community is at your fingertips. Only way to not make money is to not do anything. Honestly I'm blown away and slightly intimated by the amount of info there is available to us. Also, if you decide to join myself or another subto member can give you a link to set up a call and get a discount if you join.

Before you spend any money joining, ask how many paying members there are and how many of those have actually closed a deal. 

Then talk to the person who says they closed a deal and ask about the details. It's a simple way to find out how valid this is.

If 1,000 people have joined and only 2 have closed a deal, you have better odds buying a lottery ticket. 

It's all available for free on youtube.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 14 2023, 13:22

I'm honestly disappointed in BP for putting so much behind this Pace guy. Although I guess they did publish his book so...

I did the onboarding call, saw the $8800 price tag for the "mentorship" program and decided to take a minute and dig deep.

I even bought the book. It's great marketing. Really great. But it's utter hype. The book BLOWS.

This is the deal:

Let's figure out a way to cold call as many distressed folks as we can to see if we can buy their reverse-mortgaged properties and put a few grand in their pockets, a few grand in a "TRANSACTION COORDINATOR"'s pockets and so on and so on.

It's borderline bottom feeding and it makes me pause to consider the integrity of BP, David Greene and Robuilt Robbie with his awesome hair.

I love learning about REI and love what I've gotten from this community thus far but the whole SUBTO tribe wreaks of used car salesmanship.

Sorry for the rant but that's just my $.02

User Stats

Votes
Evan R Wright
Votes |
Replied May 14 2023, 14:12

There are plenty of members who are making a killing in subto. A lot of them are off running their own businesses at this point. It comes down to how much action you take and its also not a priority to justify our business to those on the sidelines!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 14 2023, 14:16

There are plenty of members who are making a killing in subto. A lot of them are off running their own businesses at this point. It comes down to how much action you take and it’s also not a priority to justify our business to those on the sidelines!

Out of every thousand that join, maybe one.
I’m not on the side lines by any stretch of the imagination, just not buying this Pace guys snake oil and am posting my disappointment in BP for pushing it.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 6 2023, 06:48
Quote from @Edward Merry:

I've been in the Pace Morby mentorship for about a month now. I'm so glad I joined I wish I had more free time to join in on more of the live zoom calls. Every weekday there about 5 to 7 zoom classes you can learn from and practice calling sellers. On the weekends there are also zoom calls so If you have time on the weekends you can catch those. The mentorship training classes are short and straight to the point, but the zoom calls are more like friends collaborating so they can go on for hours sometimes. I honestly don't know how Pace has time for a normal family life, he seems to be constantly on zoom calls with and traveling to meet people in his community. I haven't seen anyone give so much to their students and Pace constantly goes above and beyond what the mentorship includes. I wasn't super crazy about setting up my company right away since I don't own any property yet, but I guess that's the best route to take. It was close to 10K to set up the trust, will, LLC's and tax account. So now it's up to me to take the action and get the phone calls going to prospective sellers. Another nice thing about being in the community is the discord channel that keeps you constantly connected to thousands of other students and lenders
nationwide in the mentorship, so getting help with a deal or advice is just a matter of typing into the discord channel and getting replies from other more advanced students. Another cool feature is the Elephant challenge which happens quite often and lasts for a few days. People can see these on Youtube without a mentorship and it's a great way to learn a few things while you're trying to decide if you want to jump into the pool.  If I could go back and choose again, Yes I would still join. No regrets here.

How many deals have you done? Have you made your initial investment (into the mentorship program) back?

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 7 2023, 10:29

There are much better options. Too many people that are ego and worship leading that group. Not enough emphasis on actually helping learn strategies and connect with lenders for EMD, Gap and Transactional funding.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 7 2023, 10:30

As far as the accounts they have you setup there are actually better companies in Wyoming that charge less than half of what PCS does. Kickbacks? 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 7 2023, 10:31
Quote from @Tim Blanchard:

There are plenty of members who are making a killing in subto. A lot of them are off running their own businesses at this point. It comes down to how much action you take and it’s also not a priority to justify our business to those on the sidelines!

Out of every thousand that join, maybe one.
I’m not on the side lines by any stretch of the imagination, just not buying this Pace guys snake oil and am posting my disappointment in BP for pushing it.

Absolutely correct on the snake oil! 

User Stats

Votes
Nate Marshall
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Replied Jul 7 2023, 10:32

I'm honestly disappointed in BP for putting so much behind this Pace guy. Although I guess they did publish his book so...

I did the onboarding call, saw the $8800 price tag for the "mentorship" program and decided to take a minute and dig deep.

I even bought the book. It's great marketing. Really great. But it's utter hype. The book BLOWS.

This is the deal:

Let's figure out a way to cold call as many distressed folks as we can to see if we can buy their reverse-mortgaged properties and put a few grand in their pockets, a few grand in a "TRANSACTION COORDINATOR"'s pockets and so on and so on.

It's borderline bottom feeding and it makes me pause to consider the integrity of BP, David Greene and Robuilt Robbie with his awesome hair.

I love learning about REI and love what I've gotten from this community thus far but the whole SUBTO tribe wreaks of used car salesmanship.

Sorry for the rant but that's just my $.02

Yep it is a strategy that legislatures and attorney generals need to look at. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve K.#1 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Boulder, CO
Votes |
Steve K.#1 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Boulder, CO
Replied Sep 1 2023, 22:49

I've been in the Pace Morby mentorship for about a month now. I'm so glad I joined I wish I had more free time to join in on more of the live zoom calls. Every weekday there about 5 to 7 zoom classes you can learn from and practice calling sellers. On the weekends there are also zoom calls so If you have time on the weekends you can catch those. The mentorship training classes are short and straight to the point, but the zoom calls are more like friends collaborating so they can go on for hours sometimes. I honestly don't know how Pace has time for a normal family life, he seems to be constantly on zoom calls with and traveling to meet people in his community. I haven't seen anyone give so much to their students and Pace constantly goes above and beyond what the mentorship includes. I wasn't super crazy about setting up my company right away since I don't own any property yet, but I guess that's the best route to take. It was close to 10K to set up the trust, will, LLC's and tax account. So now it's up to me to take the action and get the phone calls going to prospective sellers. Another nice thing about being in the community is the discord channel that keeps you constantly connected to thousands of other students and lenders
nationwide in the mentorship, so getting help with a deal or advice is just a matter of typing into the discord channel and getting replies from other more advanced students. Another cool feature is the Elephant challenge which happens quite often and lasts for a few days. People can see these on Youtube without a mentorship and it's a great way to learn a few things while you're trying to decide if you want to jump into the pool.  If I could go back and choose again, Yes I would still join. No regrets here.

How many deals have you done? Have you made your initial investment (into the mentorship program) back?

Hi Tim, I am in a position where I need to work my Electrical Business every day and I have very little time to jump into Real Estate activities. Like some other people in here, I've tried many ways to get into the real estate space. I've purchased programs from Renatus, Grant Cardone, Pace Morby, Lee Arnold, Bob Diamond, Cody Sperber, and Jerry Norton. So far I haven't made back a dime on Real Estate investing. So It's not really any mentor's fault it's my own fault for spending all my time reading content and watching videos. I'm not much of an action-taker. I would say in Subto (Pace Morby's) group I"'ve had way more people reach out to get to know me and offer to get together on deals. My Renatus membership was 8,000.- and the one Fix-n-flip program I studied (8-hour videos by various experts) expired in 1 year. Unless I upgraded for another 12,000 to get a lifetime membership to all the courses they offer. Paces class Subto is a lifetime community so you make your friends and you do your deals. There are tons of Subto Students all over the country in every state. They hold meetups all the time to get in a room together and have good conversations. While in Subto I created my business structure with a Wyoming LLC, and 2 Mass LLCs and started up some checkbooks and accounts. So it pushed me into business more than any other course has. The business structure in Ma costs about 10K and comes with a Tax professional and attorney consultations. I also joined Gator lending with Pace Morby for I think another 3K which I still haven't completed. My fault again. Lots of people are having huge success with that, but you need to spend the time to make the connections in the group. I have no regrets for this one but I wish I could get some of my money back on most of the others.

I don't know much about these guru programs except that they usually go down in flames eventually. Seems like they constantly upsell their programs, sell their services and find ways to bleed their clients dry. A few clients may become successful by following the advice, or needing to be pushed into action through the rah-rah stuff, but most probably don't really benefit. For example setting up a Wyoming LLC and 2 other LLC's is a total waste of money IMO. It sounds like a good way to sound smart and sell a program, but terrible advice for someone without any properties yet. You should just stop spending on gurus and their bad advice and buy a property instead and get going, that's how you really learn! Ask whatever questions you have on here.

User Stats

Votes
Varinder Kumar
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • LA & ORANGE COUNTY CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Realtor
  • LA & ORANGE COUNTY CA
Replied Sep 1 2023, 23:24

program is $16K on the initial call which is the sales call, the sales man will really drill you and put you on the spot as to why you need to think about it and why you're not joining right away. They also start the call off by making you feel like you need to be good enough for him and psychologically play a game to where you feel lucky to be given the opportunity. Let's just say its not easy getting off the call with these guys. they really work you. also there is no one on one, you basically are on a group call with all the other members and if you have a question then you raise your hand and he may or may not call upon you so how do you get help with anything, well the answer is you have to use the group and other members to help you. Im not a rookie at this I have done many calls with different so called gurus and the tone is the same. Truth be told you can learn it all on here. there are plenty of resources online. Save your money, use your time wisely and learn it else where

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 2 2023, 05:46
Quote from @Fatou Ndoye:

Hi Evan , I am a current student and honestly think this is the best investment I made for myself. Subto teaches everything to do with real estate, but also mindset, how to buy business creatively. It's absolutely insane the amount of Value Pace brings. It's overwhelming and I love it. 

Have you made any money?

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Sep 2 2023, 07:03
Quote from @Varinder Kumar:

program is $16K on the initial call which is the sales call, the sales man will really drill you and put you on the spot as to why you need to think about it and why you're not joining right away. They also start the call off by making you feel like you need to be good enough for him and psychologically play a game to where you feel lucky to be given the opportunity. Let's just say its not easy getting off the call with these guys. they really work you. also there is no one on one, you basically are on a group call with all the other members and if you have a question then you raise your hand and he may or may not call upon you so how do you get help with anything, well the answer is you have to use the group and other members to help you. Im not a rookie at this I have done many calls with different so called gurus and the tone is the same. Truth be told you can learn it all on here. there are plenty of resources online. Save your money, use your time wisely and learn it else where

all these gurus are backed by fulfillment companies ( most out of Utah) that handle all the marketing and the call center and they are VERY good at what they do.. which is converting a phone call to a sale. full stop bottom line.