Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate News & Current Events
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kent Petersen
Votes |
What will the growth in Columbus in the next years do for Real Estate in the City?

Kent Petersen
Posted Apr 18 2023, 08:13

Columbus is adding multiple developments in the next couple of years.

First, Intel being built is bringing 7,000 construction jobs, as well as 3,000 permanent jobs to the city!

Secondly, Nationwide Childrens Childrens hospital is adding on a new orthopedics and surgery center, new research facilities, and a new 12 story inpatient hospital tower. 

Lastly, there have been talks about a professional volleyball team that will be calling Columbus their home town. This looks like they will be hitting the city in 2024. 

Lots to be excited about for the city of Columbus!

User Stats

Votes
Michael K Gallagher
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Replied Apr 18 2023, 08:20

agreed!  I did not hear about the volley ball team but I did hear about the potential of a woman's soccer team expansion coming here which would be dope!  Don't forget about the peninsula project, and Gravity 2.0 in Franklinton!

I'm thinking we need some 3d printed developments or some alternative strategies for building, central OH is way behind and its just going to get worse as far as inventory.

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 18 2023, 09:52
Quote from @Kent Petersen:

First, Intel being built is bringing 7,000 construction jobs, as well as 3,000 permanent jobs to the city!

Secondly, Nationwide Childrens Childrens hospital is adding on a new orthopedics and surgery center, new research facilities, and a new 12 story inpatient hospital tower. 

Lastly, there have been talks about a professional volleyball team that will be calling Columbus their home town. This looks like they will be hitting the city in 2024. 

That is cool. I had not heard about the Volleball announcement - 

"The Pro Volleyball Federation has ties to Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow and his family.

It was reported in December that Burrow and his parents, Jimmy and Robin, became founding partners."

https://abc6onyourside.com/new...

Hemlane logo
Hemlane
|
Sponsored
The future of property management is here! Automate rent, repairs, and listings & get 70% more free time back in your life!

User Stats

Votes
Jimmy Lieu
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 18 2023, 10:13

First time hearing about the volleyball team but, I'm stoked with the new developments. This is why I always tell my investor clients that Columbus Ohio is an absolutely safe bet 10-20 years from now and you would have wished to buy anything! Anything cash flowing property you buy today here is going to be a goldmine! As a local investor and agent here in Columbus Ohio, if anyone is interested in learning more about the city or wants to connect, feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Phong Bui
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
Replied Apr 18 2023, 11:44
Quote from @Michael K Gallagher:

agreed!  I did not hear about the volley ball team but I did hear about the potential of a woman's soccer team expansion coming here which would be dope!  Don't forget about the peninsula project, and Gravity 2.0 in Franklinton!

I'm thinking we need some 3d printed developments or some alternative strategies for building, central OH is way behind and its just going to get worse as far as inventory.

I hear you on 3d tech, I would like to see implementation of micro-apartments and an official direction for adu here in columbus as well.

Unfortunately I'm not too much a fan of how the smart city grant was handled in regards to transportation tech, so I don't have much faith in the city handling new ideas to address population density/growth.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Goldsmith
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 18 2023, 13:43

Definitely, a lot is coming into the city. I did hear about the volleyball team the other week! @Kent Petersen

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 18 2023, 14:49

Columbus is really getting pretty interesting with all these huge investors coming in. This is the first that I've heard of the Volleyball team as well.

User Stats

Votes
Michael K Gallagher
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus OH
Replied Apr 19 2023, 07:44
Quote from @Phong Bui:
Quote from @Michael K Gallagher:

I hear you on 3d tech, I would like to see implementation of micro-apartments and an official direction for adu here in columbus as well.

Unfortunately I'm not too much a fan of how the smart city grant was handled in regards to transportation tech, so I don't have much faith in the city handling new ideas to address population density/growth.

Oh man you are not wrong at all my friend! That smart city thing was a total dud in my book. I am also a huge fan of the city getting their head out of there you know what with regards to the ADU's. They recently announced some "ADU" trial run which is great and all, but like we have carriage houses and ADU's already in the near east side and near west side neighborhoods, so it has always blown my mind that there is no clear zoning direction on them.

User Stats

Votes
Marc Rice
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Apr 30 2023, 12:15

Columbus is rapidly growing! Midterm rentals will be a good opportunity as the transient traffic rises.

User Stats

Votes
Mostafa Faghih
  • Financial Advisor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Financial Advisor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Apr 30 2023, 13:26

In Columbus, OH, the property price appreciation would grow by 1.619%, according to WalletInvestor's AI-powered forecast. However, I am not sure if it is reliable.

Based on WalletInvestor forecasts:
1-Year forecast
1.619%

5-Year forecast
8.618%

10-Year forecast
16.315%

What do you think?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 30 2023, 13:46

Columbus is definitely expanding.  I used to live in the SW and saw explosive growth and costs shot up.  Median costs in Phoenix were appx $400k.  Columbus is sitting around $250k.  Can Columbus see the same median prices in the next 5-10 years?