BEST EVER Conference – Feb. 22 & 23, 2019 in Denver, Colorado

113 Replies

This event is brought to you by:
  • 02/22/19 08:00AM - 05:00PM America/Denver
  • Main Opera Theatre, 1385 Curtis Street Denver, Colorado 80204
  • $795

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Nizan Mosery has also been confirmed as a speaker! Nizan moved from Israel to the US and as of 2017, he owned $120 Million in real estate internationally. 

Any other international investors attending?

@Joe Fairless New Announcement! BEC is actively looking for ways to increase your travel and time efficiencies by bringing educators into town for supplemental events before and after the Best Ever Conference!

Gene Guarino, one of the 35 WISDOM ELITE speakers at this year's conference,  and the Residential Assited Living Academy team are hosting an event Sunday morning, February 24th in Denver AFTER the Best Ever Conference concludes.  Ever wanted to know how to massively increase your cash flows by turning your single family home into an assisted living facility?  All Best Ever attendees can attend for FREE by using the code BEC when signing up on ralaevents.com!

Have other educators you've been dying to meet, learn from, or take their class?  Let us know who they are on this thread or by reaching out [email protected] so we can start working with them to bring them into Denver during this and future Best Ever Conferences!

I've been slightly interested in learning more about assisted living facilities due to the aging demographic. Plus, I see them everywhere. Even when they are in bad markets, they seem to be in much better shape than the surround properties.

Did you mean "Highly" interested or "slightly" interested?  

LOL

Either way, you are right. 

The timing is right and the demographics are heading there regardless 

G

Transitioning from residential to apartments and self-storage.  Read great things about the event and am looking forward to meeting great people, networking and learning from everyone.  

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Bryan K. Hoover

7 new speakers confirmed, bringing the total to 28 speakers thus far! 

Recent additions are:

• Julie Lam, GoodEgg Investments
  • Tami Kenney, Think Multifamily
  • @Bill Zahller , Park Captial Properties
  • Ryan Gibson, Spartan Investment Group
  • Jaclyn Gibson, Spartan Investment Group
  • @Kent Piotrkowski , Loan Star Capital Group
  • Henry Lai, TNE Capital Group

Who are you most excited to hear speak? What do you want them to talk about?

Updated about 1 year ago

Kent's company is "Lone Star Capital"

@Joe Fairless thanks for hosting The BEST EVER Real Estate Investing Conference.  I'm honored and priviledged to be speaking on finding, fixing and flipping apartment complexes.  

I've been involved in 26 multi-family transactions since 2006, generating over $52 million in gross sales.  I've raised over $1 million dollars from investors and have consulted on real estate deals worth over $200 million. 

My niche is class C complexes with high occupancy and major deferred maintenance issues.  My focus in helping those looking to get into multi-family or who are looking to expand their portfolio.   From making sure their business plan is current to making sure due diligence is done properly.  

Have you ever considered who owns fire hydrants? 

Have you ever checked the zoning on a property yourself? 

Do you have a current business plan?

If you want to meet in CO send me a message.   See you in CO!

I'm looking into transitioning from single-family residential to multi-family and apartments. Outside of single-family investing and small multi-family purchases, I'm a novice without a large network of investors for an apartment syndication. Is this the type of event in which real estate investors network with representatives from large lending sources that have the capital to fund apartment purchases? 

Super excited to attend my first Best Ever Conference! I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning about new opportunities. Also, just booked the hotel and have to share that there is a Winter Weekend promotion going on...in case anyone else is typically a procrastinator like me :)

@Mike Peasley Absolutely. Last year, Joe asked the audience "how many of you have done a deal before" and 95%+ of the audience raised their hands. If I had to guess, at least 25% of the attendees had completed a multifamily deal before. That said, if you cannot find someone at the conference who works for a lender, you will 100% walk away with at least a few referrals to follow-up on!

@Grant Rothenburger should I make you wait for my presentation? haha  

Here's the issue.  If the city/town/municipality/etc doesn't "own" the fire hydrants they will not repair them or service them.  If the property owner "owns" the fire hydrants then they are responsible to repair and service them.

I purchased a 66 unit complex on 13 acres.  There were 4 fire hydrants.  I just assumed they would be kept up by the city.  Unfortunately they were not.  The road into the property was private and the hydrants were on private property.  Thankfully there were no issues!  However, had there been issues, I would have had to pay for them.

To replace a fire hydrant is around $3-8k plus permits.  The cost to replace piping would depend on the lay of the land and length. 

Think about fire hydrants in housing developments.  You buy a house and there is a fire hydrant in your yard.  Who pays to fix it? :)

Hi everyone. The 3rd annual Best Ever Conference is a little over a month away! Here is some information about the venue: 

We are returning to the Denver Performing Arts Complex.

We are upgrading from the Studio Loft to the building’s main venue: Ellie Caulkins Opera House. The Opera House went through nearly $100 million in renovations in the early 2000s and reopened in 2005, and another $7 million was recently pledge towards more upgrades.

The Opera House is MASSIVE – seating over 2,200 people.

Ticket prices go up weekly, so make sure you secure your ticket to the Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever Conference 2019 at BestEverConference.com

Originally posted by @Nathan Tabor :

@Grant Rothenburger should I make you wait for my presentation? haha  

Here's the issue.  If the city/town/municipality/etc doesn't "own" the fire hydrants they will not repair them or service them.  If the property owner "owns" the fire hydrants then they are responsible to repair and service them.

I purchased a 66 unit complex on 13 acres.  There were 4 fire hydrants.  I just assumed they would be kept up by the city.  Unfortunately they were not.  The road into the property was private and the hydrants were on private property.  Thankfully there were no issues!  However, had there been issues, I would have had to pay for them.

To replace a fire hydrant is around $3-8k plus permits.  The cost to replace piping would depend on the lay of the land and length. 

Think about fire hydrants in housing developments.  You buy a house and there is a fire hydrant in your yard.  Who pays to fix it? :)

I have never once in my life thought about that. I'm guessing it varies by market/city/state on who owns the hydrants?

@Grant Rothenburger it depends on each piece of property.  It's one of those "things" investors never think about until they are having to write a check.  Since it only takes a few minutes to varify during due diligence why not do it, right?  

If you are renovating apartments which are over 20-30 years old do you know who owns the power meters? 

@Grant Rothenburger it depends on each piece of property.  It's one of those "things" investors never think about until they are having to write a check.  Since it only takes a few minutes to varify during due diligence why not do it, right?  

If you are renovating apartments which are over 20-30 years old do you know who owns the power meters? 

My dad works for Duke Energy, I believe with Duke the power meters are theirs. Never thought that wouldn't be the case, but I'm guessing you're about to tell me other wise huh?

Duke Energy owns the meters which means they have to repair/replace them.  When you first contact them though they will say NO!  However, if the meter box is stamped Duke Power (or a power companies name) they have to repair/replace them.  

I've had two deals where Duke Energy had to replace meters.  One was 40 meter boxes ($84,000 dollars) and the other was 113 meter boxes ($237,300).  This meant I made that money because I didn't have to spend it.  *Part of the deal for them replacing/repairing the meters is I had to sign a document stating going forward the property owned the meters. 

Duke Energy owns the meters which means they have to repair/replace them.  When you first contact them though they will say NO!  However, if the meter box is stamped Duke Power (or a power companies name) they have to repair/replace them.  

I've had two deals where Duke Energy had to replace meters.  One was 40 meter boxes ($84,000 dollars) and the other was 113 meter boxes ($237,300).  This meant I made that money because I didn't have to spend it.  *Part of the deal for them replacing/repairing the meters is I had to sign a document stating going forward the property owned the meters. 

I had no clue they cost so much!

Hi everyone,

Make sure you check out the Best Ever Conference website (www.besteverconference.com) and scroll down to the BEC2019 Line-Up for the titles of the keynotes, panels, fireside chats, and presentations!

Which one you are looking forward to the most?

For me; its all about the Networking with the added bonus that I am going to learn alot from all the speakers and topics. I'm also really looking to JV with other GP Partners at the event. First time going to Joe's event. Can't wait !

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here