• Louisville, KY
Votes |
100% Newbie

Caleb McFarland
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Posted Feb 11 2016, 10:52
Hello all, My name is Caleb McFarland, I'm a 21 year old from Louisville, Kentucky. I'm 100% new to the Real Estate game from every aspect. I've taken a few classes, watched a few seminars and webinars, along with poking my head around the Bigger Pockets forum. I love the atmosphere around this place and I'm happy that I decided to join after watching last nights webinar and going straight for the pro membership to get myself going. Any insight on where a kid my age should start would be more than appreciated! Thank you guys in advance, I can't wait to speak to many of you soon! -Caleb
Homepage Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Rachelle Rodavia
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Votes |
  • BiggerPockets Support
  • Manila, Philippines
Replied Feb 11 2016, 10:54

@Caleb McFarland

Welcome to BP! This is the best place to grow your knowledge in Real Estate. Glad to have you with us.

User Stats

Votes
James Wilcox
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Bowling Green KY ~ Lexington, KY
Replied Feb 11 2016, 11:03

@Caleb McFarland welcome to the REI and BP community! You have definitely come the right place to learn all there is about REI. Sounds like you are already digging into the information and that is good. Never stop learning. Maybe, if you have not already, check out the "Free Course" under the education tab. This might help you see which avenue of REI is best for you. Good luck in all your future REI ventures!

• Real Estate Agent Kentucky (#288548)

REI James w/ eXp Realty Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb McFarland
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 11 2016, 11:06

Thank you both! I'm extremely excited for the future. And thank you, Jim, I will definitely take that route! Much appreciated. 

Homepage Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Michael O'Connell
  • Investor
  • louisville, Kentucky
Votes |
  • Investor
  • louisville, Kentucky
Replied Feb 13 2016, 07:58

It never hurts to learn on someone else's dime.  Maybe seek employment with a PM company, residential remodeler, real estate agency?  It will give you access to the industry and possibly some sweet deals:)

Account Closed
  • Wholesaler
  • Louisville, KY
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Louisville, KY
Replied Feb 15 2016, 06:02

Wecolme, KREIA is a great place to network.  Michael makes a great point.  Even doing contract work for an investor is a great place to learn.  A lot of investors need help with marketing and boots on the ground work.

Theron