• Investor
  • Cross Plains, TN
Votes |
Huntsville Zip Codes

Daniel Highsmith
  • Investor
  • Cross Plains, TN
Posted Mar 20 2018, 03:31

Can anyone help get me started on the Huntsville Market. I have one rental in Birmingham but wanted to expand my search to Huntsville. Looking for B class properties, SFR or Multi. Can anyone suggest some zip codes or areas to start searching? Or some areas to definitely avoid? Thanks for your help in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Mora Clark
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jul 23 2021, 08:34

@Dena Puliatti That’s great to hear. Among those cities you mentioned, which one has a better rate of occupancy and above market rate rent? I’m interested in getting another rental there if the numbers work.

User Stats

Votes
Dena Puliatti
  • Property Manager
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied Jul 23 2021, 08:41

@Mora Clark. I'm going to send you a PM.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Helena Wu
  • Investor
  • NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NY
Replied Aug 13 2021, 23:09
Hi Deborah,

I am an OOS investor new to HSV mkt and surrounding areas. Would love to connect and discuss my investing plans and goals. Looking forward to having a chance to speak over the phone!

Originally posted by @Deborah McDonough:

@Jamie Shah I’m a local investor and agent. I’d be happy to talk with you more about Huntsville and how it relates to the rental market.

User Stats

Votes
Helena Wu
  • Investor
  • NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NY
Replied Aug 13 2021, 23:11
Hi Gorden,

I am an OOS investor too based in NY looking into HSV. New to the mkt and would love to learn as muh as possible. Also looking into 3+ multi fam. What are some areas/zip codes having more this kind of inventories but still have healthy amount of demand to support the supply?

Could you please also add me to the investor group? thanks so much!

Originally posted by @Gorden Lopes:

Hi @Jamie Shah!

I am OOS investor in Hunstville from Bay Area. HSV does not have a lot of MF deals right now. Most of the small MFs are concentrated in some areas. 

We have a bay area HSV investors google group that is very active. I would be happy to add you. PM me with your email id and I can add you to that group. 

Hope this helps.

User Stats

Votes
Helena Wu
  • Investor
  • NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NY
Replied Aug 13 2021, 23:12
This is super cook thanks for sharing! Do you know by any chance How often do they update data? How accurate is it? I looked up my neighborhood and surrounding zip codes.  it's on points for some zip codes and less so for others. Originally posted by @Nathan Platter:

Hi @Daniel Highsmith

one of my favorite websites is the ESRI.com Zipcode lookup. It provides data/stereotypes for different neighborhoods. It helps give you a feel for the neighborhood, as in the type of resident.

http://www.esri.com/data/tapestry/zip-lookup

Example: 35801

Exurbanites
33.0%
Approaching retirement, we're empty-nester, married couples, or have no kids. Our lifestyle is cultured and urbane; we support the arts and public radio/TV. We go online for everything.
Click for More Details
Emerald City
12.7%

Young, mobile, well-educated, and well-employed, we are more likely to rent in low-density, urban neighborhoods throughout the country. We go online for professional networking, online dating, and blogging. We buy natural, organic, or environmentally-friendly products.
Click for More Details

Set to Impress
7.9%

We are young, either still in college or working, and renting apartments in large multiunit buildings in the city or the suburbs. We still keep in close touch with family. We are very image conscious and often buy clothes impulsively to look good. We are really into music.
Click for More Details

User Stats

Votes
Helena Wu
  • Investor
  • NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • NY
Replied Aug 13 2021, 23:27
Hi Dena,

I am looking to build my team there in HSV and surrounding area. Will send you a PM !

Originally posted by @Dena Puliatti:

@Mora Clark New Market is doing quite well for rentals.  I have an investor who bought one very recently, and it was rented in under a day.  I've got more coming in that area.  As far as living outside of the city limits, that's something that some potential tenants look for. I manage several in Harvest, Athens, Toney....outlying areas around Huntsville, and have great success with renting them, some even above market.