• Plymouth, MA
Votes |
Massachusetts New Investor

Joe Wooding
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Plymouth, MA
Posted Jul 20 2019, 09:35

Hi guys!

My names Joe. I’m a new investor in Massachusetts and I am looking to meet and network with fellow investors.

Could anybody recommend a good event to attend to do this?

Or

Just a good place to start meeting other investors?

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Charlie MacPherson
  • China, ME
Votes |
  • China, ME
Replied Jul 20 2019, 09:54

@Joe Wooding Welcome to BP!  This is a great place to learn everything you need to know.  @Christian Carter has just taken over the Boston South REIA, which meets on the 2nd Sunday of the month at the Tavern on the Wharf in Plymouth Harbor at 6 PM.

A little more distant is the Black Diamond meeting.  Get in touch with @Ann Bellamy - she runs it.  That meets in Waltham and Worcester if I'm not mistaken.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Wooding
  • Plymouth, MA
Votes |
  • Plymouth, MA
Replied Jul 20 2019, 10:41

@Charlie MacPherson thank your for the response. I will definitely look at attending the events you suggested.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brian J Allen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Worcester, MA
Replied Jul 20 2019, 11:13

If you are interested in Worcester, i can do a personal tour and see some open houses on a Sunday, or we can find another day

User Stats

Votes
Ann Bellamy
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Replied Jul 20 2019, 12:45

Thank you, @Charlie MacPherson.  Joe, Black Diamond is now in Burlington and Worcester, so is a hike from Plymouth.  Suggest you decide by topic which events are right for you.  Our networking is always excellent, we get between 60 - 140 people depending on location and topic.  We post on Meetup and on our website blackdiamondrei.com, and on Bigger Pockets Events.  Our next is in Worcester on August 16 and the topic is Negotiating Tax Abatements with the town.

User Stats

Votes
Joe Wooding
  • Plymouth, MA
Votes |
  • Plymouth, MA
Replied Jul 22 2019, 10:00

@Ann Bellamy thanks for taking the time to reply.

I will be sure to have a look at the events and will attend one soon!

User Stats

Votes
John Kaspar
  • Homeowner
  • Abington, MA
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Abington, MA
Replied Jul 23 2019, 16:07

Hey, welcome to the club! Theres a meet in Plymouth as charlie mentioned. Just a bunch of guys hanging out shooting the breeze. Mainly for networking, not deals falling from the sky, which apparently a lot of people want. I've been to one, been meaning to go back, just super busy life. Throwing you an friend invite, trying to make more friends in the RE world. 

User Stats

Votes
Bernard Chouinard
  • Leicester, MA
Votes |
  • Leicester, MA
Replied Jul 25 2019, 10:45

@Joe Wooding

Hey Joe, you can start by checking out New England REIA, Black Diamond group and new England multi unit investing group. All month monthly meet ups.