Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
Intro to BP: GC from FL Panhandle (Destin)

John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Posted May 14 2018, 19:29
Hello BP Community, My name is John Kondroik and I’m very excited to have found the BP community. I have been reading for few months now but haven’t done an intro. I am a general contractor originally from East Texas but I moved to the Florida Panhandle a little over two years ago. More specifically the Destin area but I travel from Pensacola to Panama City for projects. At this point I am interested in investing in real estate. I am in the process of buying a home for myself at the moment, then I will be all in investing in rentals later this year. I’ve noticed that my area isn’t a super popular one among the community, but I think that the FL panhandle is actually underrated. I am a licensed GC, so if anyone in my area needs my help with anything I’d be more than happy! (Flips, rental renovations, new construction, walkthroughs, etc..) Anyways, that’s a little bit about me and what I have to offer. Looking forward to the future now that I’ve found this treasure chest of info! Maybe I can be of some assistance to help one of you meet your investment goals in the future!

User Stats

Votes
AJ Leman
  • Investor
  • Iowa City, IA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Iowa City, IA
Replied May 14 2018, 19:42

Welcome @John Kondroik! You've got an interesting story with some good experience already!  Best of luck as you begin your journey!

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 14 2018, 20:21

Thanks AJ!

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Matt Jones
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pensacola, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pensacola, FL
Replied May 15 2018, 04:20

Welcome John!  I agree that the panhandle is under-rated!  Im an active agent and investor in the Pensacola area, let me know if I can ever help you with anything over here!

User Stats

Votes
Brian Garrett
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Palm Beach County, FL
Replied May 15 2018, 04:54

Welcome to BP from another Floridian!

User Stats

Votes
Zach Westerfield
Pro Member
  • Warner Robins, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Warner Robins, GA
Replied May 15 2018, 19:37

Welcome to Destin! I live here and invest myself. If you are interested in meeting up sometime let me know. I could share some knowledge about the area.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied May 15 2018, 21:01
Originally posted by @John Kondroik:
Hello BP Community,

My name is John Kondroik and I’m very excited to have found the BP community. I have been reading for few months now but haven’t done an intro. I am a general contractor originally from East Texas but I moved to the Florida Panhandle a little over two years ago. More specifically the Destin area but I travel from Pensacola to Panama City for projects. At this point I am interested in investing in real estate. I am in the process of buying a home for myself at the moment, then I will be all in investing in rentals later this year. I’ve noticed that my area isn’t a super popular one among the community, but I think that the FL panhandle is actually underrated. I am a licensed GC, so if anyone in my area needs my help with anything I’d be more than happy! (Flips, rental renovations, new construction, walkthroughs, etc..) Anyways, that’s a little bit about me and what I have to offer. Looking forward to the future now that I’ve found this treasure chest of info! Maybe I can be of some assistance to help one of you meet your investment goals in the future!

Well John we have a little in common. I live in east Texas and have worked in Florida. Not the panhandle but more down Miami/Palm Beach. I think I liked the panhandle area better because it reminds me more of east Texas. What do you know (or what can you find out) of the short term rental market in Destin? 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Daniel
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pensacola, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Pensacola, FL
Replied May 15 2018, 21:23

@John Kondroik , I am an investor in Pensacola. I do flips and will keep you in mind for future projects!  I would encourage you to look into the Professional Investors Guild, which is a local real estate group where investors, agents, and contractors , etc. get together once a month and share information and focus on a topic. I think there is a chapter in Destin. PM me if you have any questions or are looking for specific people to get in contact within the Panhandle!

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 16 2018, 08:46
Originally posted by @Matt Jones:

Welcome John!  I agree that the panhandle is under-rated!  Im an active agent and investor in the Pensacola area, let me know if I can ever help you with anything over here!

Thanks Matt! Yeah I think this area is just kinda over looked. We'll have to meet up sometime!

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 16 2018, 08:47
Originally posted by @Zach Westerfield:

Welcome to Destin! I live here and invest myself. If you are interested in meeting up sometime let me know. I could share some knowledge about the area.

Thanks Zach! I appreciate it. Yeah we will have to figure something out. I definitely could use some knowledge from a local investor!

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 16 2018, 09:03
Originally posted by @Mike Reynolds:
Hello BP Community,

My name is John Kondroik and I’m very excited to have found the BP community. I have been reading for few months now but haven’t done an intro. I am a general contractor originally from East Texas but I moved to the Florida Panhandle a little over two years ago. More specifically the Destin area but I travel from Pensacola to Panama City for projects. At this point I am interested in investing in real estate. I am in the process of buying a home for myself at the moment, then I will be all in investing in rentals later this year. I’ve noticed that my area isn’t a super popular one among the community, but I think that the FL panhandle is actually underrated. I am a licensed GC, so if anyone in my area needs my help with anything I’d be more than happy! (Flips, rental renovations, new construction, walkthroughs, etc..) Anyways, that’s a little bit about me and what I have to offer. Looking forward to the future now that I’ve found this treasure chest of info! Maybe I can be of some assistance to help one of you meet your investment goals in the future!

Well John we have a little in common. I live in east Texas and have worked in Florida. Not the panhandle but more down Miami/Palm Beach. I think I liked the panhandle area better because it reminds me more of east Texas. What do you know (or what can you find out) of the short term rental market in Destin? 

Mike, 

I'm actually from the Lufkin area and have done several projects in Nac over the years. Surprised we haven't crossed paths before! I agree, the beaches are supreme and if you go inland a mile and its like you're in good ole east Texas (except the pines are much dinkier, and the deer are pathetic). I travel back and forth to Lufkin several times a year.

Well, I think if you do your research you can be successful in the short term rentals in this area. We own a few condos right now that if we decided to put them on the rental market they would do quite well. Also, I do business with a couple of the bigger property managers in the area that I could get you with. I wouldn't buy anything without talking to them first. Message me if you are serious about getting more info and I can get you setup!

User Stats

Votes
John Kondroik
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • The Woodlands, TX
Replied May 16 2018, 09:07
Originally posted by @Patrick Daniel:

@John Kondroik , I am an investor in Pensacola. I do flips and will keep you in mind for future projects!  I would encourage you to look into the Professional Investors Guild, which is a local real estate group where investors, agents, and contractors , etc. get together once a month and share information and focus on a topic. I think there is a chapter in Destin. PM me if you have any questions or are looking for specific people to get in contact within the Panhandle!

Thanks Patrick, I'll have to look into that. Yeah I'd be more than happy to assist you with your flips! I appreciate that I'm sure I'll be in touch with you soon!

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied May 16 2018, 17:22
Originally posted by @Mike Reynolds:
Hello BP Community,

Mike, 

I'm actually from the Lufkin area and have done several projects in Nac over the years. Surprised we haven't crossed paths before! I agree, the beaches are supreme and if you go inland a mile and its like you're in good ole east Texas (except the pines are much dinkier, and the deer are pathetic). I travel back and forth to Lufkin several times a year.

Well, I think if you do your research you can be successful in the short term rentals in this area. We own a few condos right now that if we decided to put them on the rental market they would do quite well. Also, I do business with a couple of the bigger property managers in the area that I could get you with. I wouldn't buy anything without talking to them first. Message me if you are serious about getting more info and I can get you setup!

Awesome. I'll do that. We probably didnt cross paths because I was more statewide and multi-state. It was more commercial and government type stuff. I did have a few clients in the area that would use me mostly exclusively but not a whole lot. Now I am headed back to the roots of residential but only for me and my stuff. I'll give you a shout out. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Blake Woodham
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Replied Jun 7 2018, 20:23

@John Kondroik Welcome to the BP Community! I am a local wholesaler and always looking for a good GC for my rentals. Actually just picked up a new duplex in PC that I may need some reno on. Lets link up some time and certainly make sure you join our local real estate investment club, Professional Investors Guild! Awesome group of like minded investors that are always looking for a good GC!