• Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Votes |
Brand new future buyer, want to hop on some lists & connect

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Posted Jun 19 2020, 07:06

South side born and raised and I really like the area (ie the 6 county cluster south of Marion - Franklin, Columbus, Shelbyville, Mooresville, Bloomington sort of rectangle). Particularly where I am in Franklin, I've got a lot of faith in the town and prefer it. I'm interested in getting as many "tools" as I can eventually, but I like the idea of buy and hold (SF and 2-4 unit MF) assuming I can get a good property manager to handle calls. 

Of course I've been reading, listening, and learning solidly for like 3 months now. I've had this in my brain for years (BP account since 2012, ha) and now that we're done having kids, I've got a much stronger 'why' these days.

I've reached out to my primary residence agent and got some alerts set up to get a vibe for the area. I've found some contractors I can trust through our church network. I've downloaded some area data and began playing with median prices, $/sf, that sort of thing (light background in data analysis). Still (trying) to figure out ways to raise money and to get comfortable with the buying process. Of course I'm ready to go right now, but I'm interested in getting some networks in place.

1. How can I hop on some reputable wholesaler's lists to see what's available on the south side as they come in? (I don't think I'm interested in Indy addresses at this point, but I'm open to hearing why I'm wrong.)

2. Who are the big players in the south side flipping and investing space? Very interested in connecting to see if we can add value to each other's journey, JV, what have you. Currently my best skill is on the technology side - websites, automation, marketing, SEO, etc, and data analysis in a general sense.

Thanks!

(PS - If this post gets super old and you're like, Oh hey I wonder if he's still interested in connecting, it's been like 5 months, the answer is yes. :D )

User Stats

Votes
Raul Velazquez Jr
Pro Member
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 19 2020, 07:37

Welcome and good luck on your journey. 

User Stats

Votes
Mikael Winkler
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 19 2020, 08:03

Welcome, @Account Closed! "Columbus" is a keyword I get notifications on. Looks like we're interested in two different Columbuses! haha. Anyway, good luck, and BP certainly is the place to connect!

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 19 2020, 08:05

Hey Jacob, I have been receiving some e-mails from Investwithben (https://investwithben.com/) and ethosity (
https://www.ethositypropertymanagement.com/)

From newbie to newbie, I wish you success!

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Replied Jun 19 2020, 08:14

@Mikael Winkler Yeah there's a Franklin in Virginia or over there I've been getting notifications for too this week. I think just about every state has a Franklin so that should be fun.

@Drew Stroud I found Ben's public facing site a while back but those links are awesome, thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Kelly Votolato
  • Bloomington, IN
Votes |
  • Bloomington, IN
Replied Jun 19 2020, 08:45

Hi Jacob, 

One way to meet other investors and get added to wholesaler and buyer lists would be to attend your local REI meetups. I'm in Bloomington, and we have a meetup on the 3rd monday of the month. Look for our facebook group Bloomington Real Estate Investors to get connected. Also, I have a triplex for sale in Bloomington currently. Message me if you're interested.

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Heasley Beitenman
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
#5 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
  • Youngstown, OH
Replied Jun 19 2020, 08:52

Get to a networking event if there are any happening in your area. Find out who other investors are buying from.

User Stats

Votes
Mikael Winkler
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 20 2020, 06:58

@Account Closed yep! probably about 20% of my "Columbus" notifications are Indiana and Georgia haha

User Stats

Votes
Rashaun Forrest
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jun 20 2020, 07:22

great start

User Stats

Votes
Gloria N Gear
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Indianapolis IN
Replied Jun 25 2020, 10:37

INREA and CIREA are the best groups.  There are several Indianapolis investor Facebook groups that are really good.  A lot of the good wholesalers are on there.  I like those areas as well.  I do a lot of my investing on the west side.  Let's connect - would love to talk further with you.

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, IN
Replied Jun 25 2020, 10:57

@Gloria N Gear Sounds great! I've been this close to joining CIREA a few times but their site is old and I couldn't tell what they're doing next, how involved they are right now, and what it is they do regularly. Good to know they might be worth it. I've joined a handful of central Indiana fb groups on there already and just lurk, ha. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike D'Arrigo
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Turn key provider
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Jun 25 2020, 13:14

@Account Closed welcome and congratulations on taking the first steps. I know the Indianapolis market well. Feel free to reach out if you need some help or insights.

User Stats

Votes
Earline Caudle
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied Aug 8 2020, 10:30

@Jacob Murphy would love to connect with you!

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.