• New to Real Estate
  • Great Neck, NY
Votes |
Investing in Cincinnati

Joseph Kalina
  • New to Real Estate
  • Great Neck, NY
Posted May 29 2020, 20:28

My name is Joe and my fiance and I are looking to invest in our first out-of-state rental property in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are interested in using the BRRRR method to grow our portfolio there, as well as growing my network in Ohio! I would love to connect with investors in the area and hear from others about their experience investing in the area. I'm also looking for recommendations on reliable real estate agents that specialize in off-market, pocket listings and distressed properties who can help us acquire our first BRRRR property in Cincinnati and hopefully many more. Thank you in advance for any advice and tips!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Spooner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied May 31 2020, 06:41

@Joseph Kalina Exciting! Welcome to the market. What particular areas are you looking in? Are you thinking SFR or multi-families?

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Kalina
  • New to Real Estate
  • Great Neck, NY
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Great Neck, NY
Replied May 31 2020, 08:33

Thanks Dave! Mainly looking at B/C areas with good cashflow. Some areas we've looked into so far are White Oak, Colerain Township, Mt. Healthy, Pleasant Ridge, Madisonville, and Norwood. Any advice on good B/C areas is much appreciated. 

Since we're new to Cincinnati we're looking for trustworthy real estate agents and PM to guide us into some good areas...especially since we've heard it can be very block by block. So I think that may be the determining factor ultimately. We haven't connected with a good Agent, PM, or Contractor yet. 

Our budget is pretty broad and we're looking at SFR and MFR, whichever deals make the most sense for cashflow and/or the BRRRR method.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Sammons
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jun 3 2020, 11:39

@Joseph Kalina: Those neighborhoods are all possibilities, but definitely make sure to have a good real estate agent and/or PM to let you know details about an area. For example, I grew up in Colerain Township, and it has some great neighborhoods, but also some less desirable for investing. Norwood has the potential to really appreciate, but it also has some problem areas.

Also, I've been happy with my PM (EquityTeam), and recommend them.

User Stats

Votes
Taj Richardson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon Coast
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon Coast
Replied Oct 15 2020, 07:54

@Eric Sammons I’m looking for a property manager in Cincinnati. Any recommended contacts I might want to ask for at EquityTeam? Thanks for any recommendations.

User Stats

Votes
Eric Sammons
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 29 2020, 08:57

@Taj Richardson: my apologies for the delayed response; somehow I missed your message. You can ask for John—he’ll take care of you.

User Stats

Votes
Taj Richardson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon Coast
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Oregon Coast
Replied Nov 30 2020, 06:59

@Eric Sammons thank you for following up. As I get closer to being ready I’ll be reaching out to them to see about adding them to my team.

User Stats

Votes
Rajib Garu
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 3 2020, 21:02

@Joseph Kalina Cincinnati is great when it comes to cash flow and appreciation , you can find 20% Cash on Cash return deals in cincinnati which is rare , i have been investing in cincinnati for more that 6 years now and it has been great .  

Fortune Vine Realty Logo

User Stats

Votes
Bill P.
  • Investor | Syndicator | Instructor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Investor | Syndicator | Instructor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 5 2020, 19:06

@Joseph Kalina we are located in Cincinnati and can help you directly in most aspects of your goals.

User Stats

Votes
Andy Crawford
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Dec 8 2020, 17:48

I am actively investing in the Cincinnati market. I would recommend networking and browsing the Cincinnati RE Investor Forums here on BP. Also, our local Cincinnati REIA is a great resource to get to know others and connect with RE Agents, Contractors, and investors. Feel free to connect or PM me with any questions.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Elliott
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Burlington, KY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Burlington, KY
Replied Dec 10 2020, 08:49

@Joseph Kalina I'm a local Cincinnati area investor. I'm also a Kentucky licensed Realtor. If you're looking in the Northern Kentucky market at all, we should talk. Hope things are going well in your investing journey.

User Stats

Votes
Sandra Morrison
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati/Fort Thomas, KY
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati/Fort Thomas, KY
Replied Feb 3 2021, 15:09

I grew up on the Ohio side of Cincinnati and live on the northern KY side now.  I invest in Cincinnati, northern and central KY.  I have experience as a relocation consultant for the big Fortune 500 companies in Cincinnati so I have great school district and neighborhood knowledge.  Please feel free to reach out. I am always interested in connecting and sharing area information.

User Stats

Votes
Zeke Liston
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 4 2021, 07:44
Originally posted by @Joseph Kalina:

My name is Joe and my fiance and I are looking to invest in our first out-of-state rental property in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are interested in using the BRRRR method to grow our portfolio there, as well as growing my network in Ohio! I would love to connect with investors in the area and hear from others about their experience investing in the area. I'm also looking for recommendations on reliable real estate agents that specialize in off-market, pocket listings and distressed properties who can help us acquire our first BRRRR property in Cincinnati and hopefully many more. Thank you in advance for any advice and tips!

That's great Joseph, I know of a great realtor in the Cinci area. I'd be happy to share his contact info. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes