Votes |
November 17th, 2014 NYC Meetup in Manhattan- with special guest Joe Fairless

Darren Sager
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
ModeratorPosted Nov 5 2014, 14:58
This event is brought to you by:

93 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hello fellow BP members in the Tri State area!  I'm pleased to announce we're back and having another meetup in Manhattan on Monday November 17th at 6:30 pm at our new location, Angus Club Steakhouse.   We'll meet on the main floor bar area which will be dedicated to us.  This will be a networking event as we just were able to get the space.   I'm pleased to announce that we'll have NYC's own @Joe Fairless speaking to the group at the event.  

Joe will give us a presentation on one of the following:

• 1. How to Do Your 1st Syndicated Deal (multifamily specific)
  • 2. How to Raising Money on Your 1st Deal (multifamily specific)
  • 3. The Best Real Real Estate Investing Advice Ever (the top 10 pieces of advice and stories behind them from my show - this is across all aspects of real estate investing from land flipping, to wholesaling, multifamily investing, office buildings, etc.)

When you post you're coming please vote for the presentation you'd most want Joe to do.  And if you don't know  Joe you should.  He's in control of a great portfolio of real estate that any investor would be envious of.  

The Meetup is free for all members of BiggerPockets.  The only thing we'll require is that you buy two drinks to support Angus Club Steakhouse for providing us the space. 

There is no dress code. Come as you feel most comfortable to network.

Even if you're brand new to BiggerPockets, a first time investor or a seasoned Pro, money lender or contractor, wholesaler or business professional, be sure to be there and meet other members and those interested in Real Estate investing from the NYC metro area which includes Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange County, Fairfield County CT, and Northern NJ.

SPACE WILL BE LIMITED!  Angus Club Steakhouse is not as big as Pranna our old space but it smells a whole lot nicer. You must post that you'll be attending or there could be a chance that you might not be able to get in. 

User Stats

Votes
Raymond Bryan
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Nov 16 2014, 19:17

I would like to rsvp for this event.

User Stats

Votes
Cheryl Wiley
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
  • Brooklyn, NY
Replied Nov 16 2014, 19:51

Will be there Darren

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Tiphani Harris
  • Realtor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • New York, NY
Replied Nov 16 2014, 19:51

looking forward to attending

User Stats

Votes
Ruben Pereyra
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Whitestone, NY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Whitestone, NY
Replied Nov 16 2014, 20:25

i will be there... looking forward to it.... Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 16 2014, 22:07

see everyone there - going with #3 as our presentation 

User Stats

Votes
Shean Rhoden
  • Investor
  • Hackensack, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Hackensack, NJ
Replied Nov 17 2014, 11:27

Hello,

I am newbie to BP (Less than a week). I cannot make this evening’s networking event unfortunately but would love to be included in any future events.

Thanks!

Shean

User Stats

Votes
Peter Acevedo
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
  • Bronx, NY
Replied Nov 17 2014, 11:51

New member here. I'll be there for sure 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 17 2014, 20:14

Had a lot of fun tonight and it was great meeting everyone (or seeing you again!). Thanks to @Darren Sager and @alok for putting on another fantastic event. 

@Alok Sood 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 17 2014, 21:29

@Chris Clothier @Jeremy Roll  

@Bryan Hancock @seth williams - your advice all made it in my presentation at tonight's NYC BP meetup! Thank you for sharing your insight on my show. 

@Les Weitman  @ankit duggal

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Roll
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 17 2014, 22:58

@Joe Fairless,

Thanks again for having me on your show and thanks for letting us know that you were able to use our insight. I hope your BP meeting went well. We need to have a BP meeting out here in LA!

Keep up the great work with your show. I know it's a lot of work but we all appreciate it, as there have been some great guests.

User Stats

Votes
Darren Sager
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
ModeratorReplied Nov 18 2014, 05:52

Another great event last night!  Thanks to all that braved the cold wet weather to make it there!    Special thanks in making it happen are going out to:

@Joe Fairless for sharing with us your knowledge and skill.  Few people have I come across in this business have done as much as you in such a short period of time.  I'm in awe every time I get reminded of all you've accomplished since 2009.  Thank you again for braving the cold wet weather and giving us a great presentation!  Since you gave us a choice of three you could have done we'll have to ask you back for the other two!

@Alok Sood for providing us with a working projector and screen with no issues.  Thank you for braving the traffic in picking it up and dropping it off today.  

@Shawn Mcenteer  and your wife Candice for being incredible at the door in getting people checked in and into the event.  Thanks for getting in extra early!

@Maura Jarach  for helping us get the space at Angus Club Steakhouse. Couldn't have done it without you.  Wish you could been there with us.

And I have the say the people at Angus Club Steakhouse welcomed us in with open arms and did an incredible job accommodating us.  A big thank you to Margent Maslinka, Manager of Angus Club, and your entire team for the support you gave us.  We are truly grateful.  

User Stats

Votes
Roberto Lebron
  • Bronx, NY
Votes |
  • Bronx, NY
Replied Nov 18 2014, 06:32

Darren Sager Joe Fairless thanks for a great event as a newbie it just made me more excited about a future in REI

User Stats

Votes
Jon Huber
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Nov 18 2014, 11:56

@Darren Sager   Thank you for hosting a great event. Great opportunity to network. It was a lot of fun and a great location. I hear their food is unbelievable. 

@Joe Fairless   Great presentation. I know for sure I will be using some of those principles, especially the 5x5x5. And by the way... Excellent font choices as well. They really tied the presentation together.

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan K.
  • Investor
  • Scotch Plains, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Scotch Plains, NJ
Replied Nov 18 2014, 13:06

@Joe Fairless  - great presentation. Both informative and entertaining.

@Darren Sager  - thanks again for organizing another worthwhile NYC Meet-up. Your efforts are much appreciated.

It was great making some new connections @Lisa Fan @Ryan Goldfarb 

User Stats

Votes
Joe Fairless
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 18 2014, 20:37

thank you @roberto 

@Roberto Lebron , @Jon Huber and @Jonathan K. - love these meet-ups. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Chen
  • Fort Lee, NJ
Votes |
  • Fort Lee, NJ
Replied Nov 19 2014, 07:13

Great event @Darren Sager

As a newbie I learned a lot by talking to people in the game already and making connections with like-minded newbies.

enjoyed your talk @Joe Fairless, started listening your Best Ever podcasts.

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Nov 21 2014, 15:30
Originally posted by @Jeremy Roll:

@Joe Fairless,

Thanks again for having me on your show and thanks for letting us know that you were able to use our insight. I hope your BP meeting went well. We need to have a BP meeting out here in LA!

Keep up the great work with your show. I know it's a lot of work but we all appreciate it, as there have been some great guests.

I was thinking of doing that very thing Jeremy. Perhaps early next year.