Votes |
Hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Alli McGee
Pro Member
  • Product Manager at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Posted Aug 2 2021, 15:31

Hello and welcome to our community! đź‘‹đź‘‹đź‘‹

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. đź’« What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Arocha
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Lead Product Designer at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • Lead Product Designer at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 2 2021, 15:39

Hi everyone! So excited to be here. 

1. 🌎 I'm based in the Denver, CO area, I haven't picked a market I'd like to invest in just yet!

2. đź’« My main goal is to get educated about RE investing and decide if/what investment strategies will work for me! I am also a designer at BiggerPockets so I'm here to help improve the community experience for everyone as well!

3. 🤪 I keep a 200-gallon saltwater fish tank!

Feel free to connect and share thoughts/suggestions on how the community could help you with your investing goals!

User Stats

Votes
Allen Parker
  • Santa Ana, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Ana, CA
Replied Aug 2 2021, 16:06

Whats up BiggerPockets family,

Im based in Irvine, CA. Cant afford to invest in Irvine so im looking at different options but haven't determined a specific area yet still in my learning phase.

Goals for joining are to further my education and build a network of like minded people.

Fun fact about me: I drove across country this year from CA to GA!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Caruso
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Boston, MA
Replied Aug 2 2021, 18:43

Hey BP! 

I'm based in Boston, but from the north shore. 

My goals I have for BP include learn and document a house hack in a Multi Fam in the next year. Also to offer direct marketing knowledge and resources to BP members so they can be successful in their marketing campaigns.

I love real estate photography and that's how I launched my REI career. Drone video recording is another hobby as well and fun for REI also.

User Stats

Votes
Bob Wilson
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Aug 3 2021, 00:55
Originally posted by @Alli McGee:

Hello and welcome to our community! đź‘‹đź‘‹đź‘‹

Next step: After uploading a profile pic, kindly introduce yourself here! 

1. 🌎 Where you’re based + where you (hope to) invest

2. đź’« What your goals are with joining BiggerPockets (e.g. buy my first house hack)

3. 🤪 A fun fact about yourself

We’ve found that members who engage with the community get more out of BiggerPockets and have an easier time building their network.

​​Community rules:
1. Be kind

2. Be helpful

3. Ask well-formed, thoughtful questions

4. Don’t spam the forums or cold private message people promoting yourself or your business
(self-promotion is only allowed in this forum)

5. Have fun!

If you have any concerns about our community rules and guidelines, you can find them here!

1A) Unfortunately, my pic isn't uploading :) Some glitch.

1B) Chicago, IL is my home, and will continue to invest in Chicago for 24 months before going national in 2024!

2) Goals: 1) Learn new processes and tips on doing things better and more efficient in my space. 2) Network and connect with investors who are looking to generate returns on their funds, to the tune of 50+% ROI; our company can help with that with our corporate housing business.

3) Fun Fact: I took the real estate jump!! Left my corporate job in July 2019, and it's been so fantastic!!! There truly is life afterwards :)

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bombaci
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Lowell, MA
Replied Aug 3 2021, 03:03
Originally posted by @Anthony Caruso:

Hey BP! 

My goals I have for BP include learn and document a house hack in a Multi Fam in the next year. Also to offer direct marketing knowledge and resources to BP members so they can be successful in their marketing campaigns.

I love real estate photography and that's how I launched my REI career. Drone video recording is another hobby as well and fun for REI also.

Welcome to BP. Me and my team are also located in the north shore of Boston (Lowell) and good timing because we’re looking at expanding some of our marketing. I have 23 investor focused agents and host weekly meetups in greater Boston and southern NH and now we’re ready to grow. We should connect and see if there is a way we can work together. 

Best,

Jon 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 3 2021, 08:52

Hello BP!

I’m based in the DMV area (Maryland) and I hope to invest in this area as well.

My goals are to learn as much as possible about investing in RE and to surround myself with likeminded people. I’m looking to buy my first house soon and would love to meet realtors/investors through BP to work together through the process.

Fun fact about me: I completed a triathlon when I was 15 years old and cramped in the middle of biking but still got to the finish line!

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Caruso
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Boston, MA
Replied Aug 3 2021, 13:43
Originally posted by @Jonathan Bombaci:
Originally posted by @Anthony Caruso:

Hey BP! 

Welcome to BP. Me and my team are also located in the north shore of Boston (Lowell) and good timing because we’re looking at expanding some of our marketing. I have 23 investor focused agents and host weekly meetups in greater Boston and southern NH and now we’re ready to grow. We should connect and see if there is a way we can work together. 

Best,

Jon 

Hey Jon,

Thanks for the welcome!!

I'd love to connect and hear more about your team and the marketing you guys do! I'm sure you'll have some opinions on Multi Fams in the north shore. I'll shoot over a message shortly. 

User Stats

Votes
Stan Hernandez
  • New to Real Estate
  • Torrance, CA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Torrance, CA
Replied Aug 3 2021, 20:12

Hey BP!

1. 🌎 I'm from Los Angeles and looking to invest locally or out of state since it is really expensive here.

2. đź’« My goal is using my first multi-family purchase as a stepping stone to getting the ball rolling in real estate investing. 

3. 🤪 I can play the guitar 

User Stats

Votes
Momi Rapozo
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 3 2021, 20:56

Aloha! 

1. I'm based in Los Angeles. I'm looking at memphis, TN like almost everyone else lol. And Alabama. I would like to invest in my backyard as well. 

2. Connect with like minded peeps! And learn and grow 

3. gosh...I know how to dance hula 

happy investing! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 4 2021, 07:18

Hello everyone!

1. 🌎 I'm based in the Oklahoma City, OK suburb area, looking to invest locally in single family residence or multi family properties.

2. đź’« My goals are to make my first rental property purchase and grow my network to help build out my team and eventually my portfolio.

3. 🤪 I enjoy learning. Currently reading up on real estate, personal development, and learning software development.

User Stats

Votes
Mercedes Holt
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Tucson, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Tucson, AZ
Replied Aug 4 2021, 08:45

Hello out there to the BP world!

1. 🌎 I am currently stationed overseas, Middle East, but I grew up in Tucson, AZ. With my new duty station being unknown at this time, I can only hope to head to Florida, Texas, Colorado or Washington State next to purchase my first investment property. 

2. đź’« My first and immediate goal is to purchase my first investment property! I hope to network and absorb all of the beginner and professional experience and knowledge that you all bestow upon this platform. I want to pinpoint what method would be best for me at this point in my life, house hack or BRRRR, and eventually I'd like to partner up with others on future investments.

3. 🤪 I've got two weenie dogs that I absolutely adore!

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Nobile
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 4 2021, 09:37

Hi Mercedes, thanks for your service! I'm also active duty currently stationed here in Seattle. I'm a realtor/investor also currently house hacking my first property with the VA loan. If you have any questions or want to chat I'd love to connect! Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph A fronapfel
  • Staten Island, NY
Votes |
  • Staten Island, NY
Replied Aug 4 2021, 10:01

Hello bigger pockets family. I'm Joe from NY. I'm looking to buy a short term rental in the poconos. I have a passion for the Poconos, my parents had a time share there when I was a kid until my early 20s. I love being up there and can't wait to buy a vacation/short term rental there.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas DeCespedes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando FL, USA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando FL, USA
Replied Aug 4 2021, 10:18

Hello. Excited since this is my first post to BP.

1. I am currently based in Orlando, FL. I hope to invest in my first deal in either Georgia or Florida.

2. My first goal with joining BP is obviously to learn. My second is to network (I am an agent), third is to do my first deal or deals in terms of investing (interesting strategies to me are House hack and apartment syndication utilizing the BRRRR method)

3. I have a dog named Luna, she is a golden retriever. I just adopted her last May in the middle of COVID lockdowns because a married couple were getting a divorce and couldn't keep her and could not keep her and I snatched her up and she has been a blessing and honestly saved me.

User Stats

Votes
Nicholas DeCespedes
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando FL, USA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando FL, USA
Replied Aug 4 2021, 10:27
Originally posted by @Mercedes Holt:

Hello out there to the BP world!

1. 🌎 I am currently stationed overseas, Middle East, but I grew up in Tucson, AZ. With my new duty station being unknown at this time, I can only hope to head to Florida, Texas, Colorado or Washington State next to purchase my first investment property. 

2. đź’« My first and immediate goal is to purchase my first investment property! I hope to network and absorb all of the beginner and professional experience and knowledge that you all bestow upon this platform. I want to pinpoint what method would be best for me at this point in my life, house hack or BRRRR, and eventually I'd like to partner up with others on future investments.

3. 🤪 I've got two weenie dogs that I absolutely adore!

I personally live in Florida in the Orlando area and I can just tell from moving here from Miami 2 months ago that Orlando is very up-and-coming. The real estate here is very affordable compared to Miami and it is the next in popularity. If you are looking for something undervalued that you can fix and rent, there is many opportunities here.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 4 2021, 10:40

Hi Bigger Pockets Fam,

1. I am based in Milton, New Hampshire

2. My husband and I (35 Me! and 40 Him!) are completely bad debt free, including our mortgage and are starting from scratch. We would like to use the buy and hold method thus far and plan to save at least a 25% down payment which we are already working on. We would like to have several mortgage free rental properties in time... 

3. Fun Fact, We got married with three littles (his and mine) and now how two more kiddos in the mix (5 total!!) We never had a honeymoon after we got married. This October 2021 will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. Possibly instead of taking that honeymoon, we will be buying our first rental property at that time. We have the fever!! The honeymoon can come at our 15 or 20 year anniversary ha!

User Stats

Votes
Ben Scott
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Oklahoma City, OK
Replied Aug 4 2021, 12:06

1. I'm a real estate agent and investor in Oklahoma City, own seven doors and manage four others.

2. I've learned SO MUCH since stumbling onto Bigger Pockets.

3. I do an excellent Sean Connery impression.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 4 2021, 12:19
Hello BP folks: 

1. I am from Dallas, Texas;

2. My goals are to finally do my first deal, starting out with wholesaling and graduating to buying/building/holding real estate. I come from the Interior Design world so I am really passionate about recycling/repurposing. I am OBSESSED with container homes, unique design and would love to create projects similar to the Freight Yard project;

3. Fun Fact: I grew up with and took piano lessons with Jamie Foxx

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Buxton
Contractors
Pro Member
  • VP, Marketing at BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 11 2021, 18:46
Originally posted by @Jason Acevedo:

Hello BP!

I’m based in the DMV area (Maryland) and I hope to invest in this area as well.

My goals are to learn as much as possible about investing in RE and to surround myself with likeminded people. I’m looking to buy my first house soon and would love to meet realtors/investors through BP to work together through the process.

Fun fact about me: I completed a triathlon when I was 15 years old and cramped in the middle of biking but still got to the finish line!

Hi Jason! Awesome goals, welcome to BiggerPockets! Wanted to share that we're launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. It's a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your first deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the wheels turning and potentially shortcut the learning curve! You can learn more here.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Buxton
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 11 2021, 18:47
Originally posted by @John Jordan:

Hello everyone!

1. 🌎 I'm based in the Oklahoma City, OK suburb area, looking to invest locally in single family residence or multi family properties.

2. đź’« My goals are to make my first rental property purchase and grow my network to help build out my team and eventually my portfolio.

3. 🤪 I enjoy learning. Currently reading up on real estate, personal development, and learning software development.

Hi John, welcome to BiggerPockets! Wanted to share that we're launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. It's a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your first deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the wheels turning and potentially shortcut the learning curve! You can learn more here.

User Stats

Votes
Lindsey Buxton
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Contractors
Pro Member
  • Denver, CO
Replied Aug 11 2021, 18:48
Originally posted by @Frida McKenzie:
Hello BP folks: 

1. I am from Dallas, Texas;

2. My goals are to finally do my first deal, starting out with wholesaling and graduating to buying/building/holding real estate. I come from the Interior Design world so I am really passionate about recycling/repurposing. I am OBSESSED with container homes, unique design and would love to create projects similar to the Freight Yard project;

3. Fun Fact: I grew up with and took piano lessons with Jamie Foxx

Hi Frida, welcome to BiggerPockets! Wanted to share that we're launching a 12 week Rookie Bootcamp in late August, with Ashley Kehr leading the way. It's a mix of on demand videos, live Q&A sessions, and a step-by-step curriculum to help you get your first deal. Sharing in case it would be helpful to get the wheels turning and potentially shortcut the learning curve! Looks like you're already Pro which is awesome. Pros can learn more here.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 11 2021, 20:34

Hi everyone, I joined BP 2-3 weeks ago but totally forgot about the intro.

1. So I'm based in CA and just bought my first rental, an SFR in Alabama.

2. By joining BP, my goal is to network with anyone within the industry, to hear and learn from others' stories and experiences, and to learn the different strategies in REI in terms of scaling and financing.

3. I lived in Germany for 4 years for college, and I’m a certified scuba diver.

User Stats

Votes
Sam Collins
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Houston Texas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Houston Texas
Replied Aug 11 2021, 20:39

Hello! My name is Sam Collins I’m 26 years old.

I located in Houston ,Texas and really looking to invest somewhere close to where I reside at the moment.

What my goal for joining BP family is to gain knowledge and connect with a great community to assist with what I know and get assistance when needed.

Interesting fact about myself is I love to extreme mountain bike. Actually headed from Houston to Angle Fire New Mexico at the moment

User Stats

Votes
Michael Almanza
  • Investor
  • Whittier, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Whittier, CA
Replied Aug 11 2021, 20:43

Hey Everyone,

Hailing from Whittier, CA my wife and I are looking to invest in out of state properties. 

We are interested in the BRRRR method as well as multifamily properties. We own two properties (current home and first condo we lived in) and love the idea of adding additional cash flow and an expanding portfolio. Alabama and Indiana look appealing at the moment but open and here to learn.

Going on thirteen years working in the music industry and I love tuna melts. :-)

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 12 2021, 22:17

@Michael Almanza I recently moved from Whittier to OC, and I have a rental in Alabama. Let me know if you and your wife have any questions. Would be happy to help!