New Orleans Real Estate Forum
392 Posts | 41 Discussions
Why Do You Invest in New Orleans? (Testimonial for BP!)
BiggerPockets! I work at BP and I'm working on building a landing page for the city of New Orleans. Would anyone be willing to share why you choose to invest in the city? What makes it so wonderful?
Purchasing Duplex using FHA
I will be looking to purchase a Duplex in new orleans and surrounding areas using FHA financing in the next 6-12months. My plan is to house hack for 1-2yrs. This will be my first investment property, right now I am... View more
Rehab costs in Greater New Orleans
I am wondering what people are paying for rehabs costs in Greater New Orleans. Any input or thoughts would be appreciated from local rehabbers/Investors/Contractors. For example, how much on average are you spending on... View more
Anyone help me "guestimate " what hano will pay
Hi!Im under contract on a 4 bedroom in 70112 on Iberville st. Hano website says they will pay UP to 2618 but that rents will vary. In your experience how close to this number can I get or is it actually possible to... View more
Success in Long Distance Investing in NOLA?
I'm looking for anyone with experience investing in the NOLA market, especially any long distance investors. I currently have a small portfolio of rental properties in VA which I manage remotely without a property... View more
Great househack opportunity in New Orleans/Jefferson
My realtor sent me this property because I bought an extremely similar one last year (and it's cash flowing nicely!) I'm currently saving towards a bigger, forever home so don't want to tie up my cash. No connection to... View more
New wholesale attorney
I'm looking for options on hiring a new experienced wholesale attorney in New Orleans, any investors can recommend someone you trust and have worked with before?
New to REI in New Orleans
I've recently decided to get into REI and I'm looking for a wholesaler or fix and flipper in the local market to help teach me about REI. Specially ARV, what a good deal looks like and rehab cost l. I'm willing to... View more
Mailing Campaign software
I'm a flipper in the New Orleans area, more specifically on the Westbank. I'm doing a flip right now that I bought on the MLS, but lately I'm noticing less and less investment inventory coming up on the MLS, so I want... View more
Seeking investor friendly closing attorney/title company
Hello fellow investors, I'm in search of an investor friendly closing attorney/title company that is reputable in the New Orleans market. Any suggestions or referrals would be greatly appreciated!Best, Britt
Moving Walls in a Double in New Orleans
Hi BP, My wife and I should be closing on a double within the next few weeks and I am looking for some help. This is a double with a somewhat traditional layout that is more updated than most. My wife is hoping to take... View more
New Orleans Flood Insurance
How do you estimate the rate of flood insurance for homes in New Orleans?  I'm looking for ballpark numbers as I vet investment properties.  It sounds like it's related to the flood class, but I'm not sure where to... View more
Should I Use A Commercial Real Estate Broker in New Orleans?
Hi. This is my first discussion posting, so bear with me if I'm doing it wrong. I have a large commercial space in New Orleans I'm ready to lease out. It's 1,700 square feet in the heart of the Treme on a good corner... View more
New real estate agent
I recently passed the exam and plan on getting with a firm after the 1st of the year. I live on the westbank of New Orleans. I am looking for a firm that is very helpful with training and has a lot of experience with... View more
Pulling Comps in New Orleans
Any local Real Estate agents want to jump in here? I live in the 7th ward and am very familiar with the specific streets and nieghborhoods of this area. I'm not even talking about the neighborhoods that would... View more
General Contractors
Hey BP family, I have a Reno loan in under writing and will be hopefully find my first property to flip within 20 days. With this renovation loan I'll need a licensed contractor to submit bids and reno cost. Does... View more
Recommendations for Hard Money Lenders in New Orleans, LA
I am looking for recommendations for Hard Money Lenders in the New Orleans area.  I would like to hear from others that have had personal experience with lenders that lend to this area.  I am from here and am looking... View more
Deal Analysis - St. Bernard Parish
I am a fairly new wholesaler and I need some help analyzing a deal!This house was severely damaged by Katrina and abandoned ever since. It is located in St. Bernard Parish in a historic district. Currently, it is a... View more
Corporate Rental? Getting STR run-around and no long-term options
Hello all,So I bought a duplex uptown (good side of Leonidas area, to be exact) in June 2018. I renovated it and listed one side for long-term rental, but missed the wave of Tulane/Loyola students (I live on the other... View more
Learning about Metairie, LA
Hello BP community.  I am a nurse in Baltimore MD and work with travel nurses from all over the country.  I am a buy and hold investor here.  Recently a nurse began speaking to me and I am considering buying her house... View more
Connecting With Local Land Flippers in SE Louisiana
Hey y'all, I'm looking to connect with people who flip land or owner finance it in the Southeast Louisiana area. This is a niche that I don't encounter too often and had a few questions for someone in this region. Feel... View more
New Wholesalers in the New Orleans Area
Hello Everyone, I'm Quintinn and I am fairly new to wholesaling. I've been listening to a ton of bigger pockets podcasts and have done tons of reading to educate myself. Just looking for new local wholesalers in the... View more
Chalmette, La New Construction Single Family Flip
Has anyone done any new construction in Chalmette? I have a lot there right now and looking to build and sell.  Looking to build a 3-4 bedroom 2 bath house between 1600-1700 sqft.  Any inputs on a breakdown of cost... View more